Friday, November 29, 2013

Dragons Dream Tag It On #155

Whew – just made the last challenge in time – now for the next one.

The recipe this time at Dragons Dream Tag It On  is “a book of your choice as inspiration plus - Stencil/Mask, Paint and the colour green along with the obligatory stamp and tag.”

I am an avid reader – I certainly read a lot more as a child and one of my favourites was Anne of Green Gables.

100_2306[1]

I used a Stencil called Karen’s Houses on a Prima tag and a Prima Black Chalk Ink through it.  I ten got out my watercolour paints and completed the background.  This is where I discovered that the black was not “set”, even when dry!

I used a Magnolia “Tilda” stamp, coloured her with the watercolour paints and popped her up on foam squares.  Here is another view:

100_2307[1]

Not a huge amount of technique involved but I like it.

Cheers, Esther xoxo

4 comments:

  1. What a cute little girl!. I like the 3D effect as she steps out towards the houses. Simple but effective. I loved that book as a child and read it lots of times. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Anne too, well done and thanks for playing along with the Dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely tag. I don't know this book, but your tag looks great. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read that book although have seen the film. I love the way the ink has run it looks fab. Great tag thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete